How To Fix A Dent In Your Garage Door
Whether the dent is the result of a street football player working on his strike, or from your handiwork parking your car a little closer than you should’ve, dents do happen and they do so more commonly than you would think.
However, the great news is that if your dent is minor, then you can as a-matter-of-fact fix them yourself relatively easily and quick.
Find out how…
What You’re Going to Need
Standard dish soap
Compressed air canister
How you’re going to do it
1. Mix one teaspoon of dish soap into your bucket of water.
2. Clean the dented area on your garage door with your sponge.
3. Then rinse the area down with the hose and dry it clean. Wait an hour or so until the area is completely dry.
4. Cut a piece of aluminium foil that will be large enough to cover the size of the dent and more so you can hold it against the door.
5. Place and hold the aluminium foil against the door using one hand.
6. Use your other hand to light the lighter and move the flame in a back and forth motion over the foil.
7. Remove the aluminium foil.
8. Hold the compressed air canister upside down and spray the dent for thirty seconds with carbon dioxide.
So, what happens next?
If you have followed the steps carefully, then you should find your garage door has diminished in just a few minutes. You have managed to push the dent back out by creating a temperature difference between the heated garage door surface and the cold carbon dioxide. Once the dented area has disappeared you will need clean down the area to ensure all residual liquids have been washed away.
The steps above may seem simple and quick – which they are! Please keep in mind that the impact made could run the risk of damaging other areas of your garage door. If you are unsure on taking this risk then perhaps it would be a great idea for you to give the experts a call so they can check that everything is working order.
So that’s it! Dent, what dent? That is until you decide to work on your one of a kind parking skills again…
If you have any dent related questions then please feel free to give us a call. Our experts have repaired all kind of garage doors that you could possibly imagine!