Steel Garage Doors
The advantages to choosing a Steel Up & Over Garage Door are:
- Steel Up & Over Garage Doors provide you with a wide choice of styles and colours. They offer low-maintenance or maintenance free options, and add beauty and value to your home.
- They are designed to fit onto a timber frame or knock-down steel frame kit – or they can be supplied with a pre-fitted steel frame ready to fit inside or behind the garage brickwork opening.
- There is a choice of gear type namely, Canopy or Retractable.
- The Canopy gear type is suitable for limited headroom applications but is only available in single door sizes up to 2438mm wide.
- The Retractable gear type is ideally suited for automation that provides comfort and security (please note that when an Up & Over garage door is fitted with automation it is supplied without a lock/lock handle).
Trackless Canopy Door Gear
Up and over canopy doors are the most popular type of lifting gear in the UK, with a vast range of door styles to suit. Ideally matched to where there is limited headroom for tracks but with the advantage that automation is still available.
Retractable Door Gear
An alternative lifting gear for use with up and over doors. Horizontal tracks are attached to the top of the door frame to guide the door open, providing an exceptionally smooth opening and closing action, which is ideal for electric operation.
Steel Up & Over Garage Doors are one of the most recognisable (and popular) types of door in the UK. It is a tried and tested design which is very simple to operate. The opening mechanisms of modern doors are very smooth, and the strength of their design offers good levels of security.
Need assistance? Don’t hesitate to call us or fill out our online quote form.