Types of Garage Door Style - Buying Guide
Doormatic stock a diverse range of types of garage door styles that each come with their own benefits and considerations. So, if you’re deciding between a roller garage door or sectional, or perhaps an up & over vs side-hinged, read on in this buying guide to probe the available types available.
Roller Garage Doors
- A signature style of door.
- Considering electric garage doors? Roller garage doors are easily automated.
- Roller doors lift vertically upwards and curl above the opening to make for a compact, space-saving option that’s useful for homes with a short or narrow driveway.
- They can be fitted with or without an overhead box depending on how much headroom you require.
- Damaged slats can be easily replaced without the expense of replacing the entire door.
Take a look at our range of roller garage doors for inspiration.
Up & Over Garage Doors
- An unmistakable style of garage door, the up & over operates as you would expect; as one piece sliding up and over the entry way before tucking away against the garage ceiling.
- A long-established, reliable design that is popular throughout the world.
- Available in an array of finishes, colours and materials to make it easily personalisable.
- Simple, straightforward and easy-to-operate.
Have a browse of our range of up and over garage doors for more info.
Sectional Garage Doors
- Similar to up & over design; the main difference is they lift up in sections and curve up towards the roof. This gives them a space-saving edge in the sectional vs up & over battle, and is a useful trait for homeowners with limited driveway space.
- Able to fit any dimension of garage door entrance space.
- The design lacks penetration points for potential break-ins, making it one of the most secure garage door styles on the market.
- Sectional garage doors are easily automated.
You can see the sectional garage doors we have to offer here.
Side-Hinged Garage Doors
- Opens in the fashion of a set of double doors, which boasts a quaint, traditional vibe.
- Unique, attractive look that stands out from the the fray.
- The side-hinged design is ideal for garages with high foot traffic.
- We supply double skinned insulated steel side hinged doors from Carteck, Ryterna and Hormann - the construction of these doors allows robust locking systems to be built, producing a strong and sturdy end result.
- Easily custom-made, and can therefore be crafted to fit many entryway dimensions.
- Smoother, quieter opening compared to other styles.
Take a look at the kind of side-hinged garage doors available in our section here.