Automated / Electric Garage Doors vs Manual
To automate or not to automate, that is the question. Bear in mind, the way in which you open and close your garage door impacts its usability and convenience, so make sure you choose wisely.
Benefits of Automated Electric Garage Doors
- Convenient - Automation is always more simple. With a simple click of a button, you can raise or lower your automated electric garage door with total ease and minimal effort. This bypasses the hassle of getting out of your car to open and shut the garage each time, which is an especially useful feature for those with disabilities or mobility issues.
- Safe to Use: Motorised garage doors have the added benefit of in-built sensors and safety features which prevent them closing on objects, people and animals. This is a huge relief to parents or pet-owners who will be reassured of their garage door’s ability to sense moving objects, reverse the path of the door, and therefore prevent injury.
- Secure: If it’s a question of which garage door is most secure, then motorised versions often rank more highly on the basis of security. With the movement of the door controlled by a single remote or keypad, there are fewer chances for keys to go missing or locks to be forced.
- Adds Value to Home: If you’re looking to boost the value of your property then technological advancements always look impressive to potential buyers. An automated garage door is no exception. Their installation can help to bump up your selling price, helping you make a return on your investment.
For more info on electric or automated garage doors, see our service page.
Benefits of Manual Garage Doors
- Easier Installation: Due to its simpler design, manual garage doors are more straightforward to install than their motorised counterparts.
- Lower Cost: The less complex design of a manual garage door reduces the cost of purchase and installation. So, if you are adhering to a tight budget, a high-quality manual garage door will be a more affordable option for you.
- Simple To Open During Power Outage: Should there be a power outage your ability to open and close your garage door will not be hindered in any way.
- Can Be Automated in the Future: Are you undecided yet on the manual vs automatic debate? Don’t fret, as many existing manual garage doors can be automated in the future, should you change your mind.